Section 1 – What do we do with your information?
When you purchase something from our webstore, as part of the buying and selling process, we (Knocking Inc.) collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email/SMS/MMS marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails or SMS/MMS messages about our store, new deals, products or other updates.
When you buy a product from one of our featured brands, we may provide information about your order to the respective brand, such as the order confirmation number, the items and quantities ordered, and your email address to facilitate communications, if needed, between you and the brand.
Section 2 – Collection or Disclosure of Personal Information
We may ask you for or collect certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Platform.
The categories of sources from whom we collected this Personal Information include:
- Directly from individuals like you or an individual’s representative(s)
- Application Service Providers that host the websites and applications we use to support our operations and communications with our business partners.
- Product suppliers and vendors that supply and ship the products we sell
- Consumer Data Resellers, media companies and other third parties
- Mobile App Activity,
- Phone and text messaging services.
- Public record sources (Federal, State or Local Government Sources).
The personal data we collect may include your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping and billing address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth and purchase history;
- payment or credit card information;
- images, photos and videos;
- data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, and body measurements (such as estimated stride and shoe/foot measurements or apparel size);
- fitness activity data provided by you or generated through our Platform (time, duration, distance, location, calorie count, pace/stride); or
- personal preferences such as product or marketing preferences.
When interacting with us, certain data may also be automatically collected from your device or web browser. This data may include:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, web beacons, tags, and interactions with our Platform.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
Section 3 – Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
We have may share or use Personal Information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, to meet legal or regulatory requirements, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including the following:
- Complying with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements (including any internal policy based on or reflecting legal or regulatory guidance, codes or opinions).
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Short-term, transient use where the information is not disclosed to a third party and is not used to build a profile or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service controlled by the business.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Undertaking research for technological development, marketing or demonstration.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Section 4 – How to Manage Your Data
You may have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data (both the categories of data we collect, which is laid out in this policy, and particular types); (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data; (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances as provided by applicable law. We do not sell your personal data. We will not discriminate against you for the exercise of these rights. If you request to delete your account, you can create a new account on our Platform at any time. If you have a request regarding your personal data that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please contact us.
You may submit a request by calling us at (800) 214-6921 Alternatively, you may contact us by writing or emailing to:
665 Commerce Drive, Suite 526
Fairfield, CT 06825
We will verify your request either through a message sent to the email address associated with your account (so you must have access to this email account) or by asking you to provide information matching what we have for you within our systems. You or your authorized agent may request to exercise your rights. Before we can act on a request from your authorized agent, we may require verification of your identity and proof from the authorized agent that they can act on your behalf.
Section 5 – Consent
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may at any time withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, for the use or disclosure of your information, and to stop future targeted advertisements by Knocking or its affiliates. Please email us at email@example.com or call us at +1 (800) 214-6921 or mail us at Knocking Inc., Suite 526, 665 Commerce Drive, Fairfield, CT 06825, United States. Knocking may permit third parties to collect information on its web site and combine that information with other information collected on non-affiliated websites or applications over time. These third parties may use technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about consumers’ or customers’ use of the web site in order to analyze, report on, or customize content and to conduct targeted advertising on the Knocking web site or on other sites, or to help us operate and improve our web site. To find out more about interest-based advertising in the web environment, and how to opt-out of information collection for this purpose by companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance, visit NAI’s opt-out page or DAA’s Consumer Choice Page.
Section 6 – Store Hosting and Payment
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Section 7 – Sharing of Information with Third Parties
The categories of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Information for our business purposes described in this privacy disclosure are:
- Service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, web traffic analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, text messaging or email delivery, auditing, marketing and marketing research activities, communication infrastructure and storage.
- Product suppliers who provide services such as order fulfillment, shipment, warranty and product returns.
- Media companies and social media providers who promote the Company and products to their audiences, customers and other prospective buyers.
- Third parties who provide services such as payment processing, banking, legal expertise, tax expertise, customer research, customer analytics, consulting, notaries and auditors
- Other third parties who enable customers to conduct transactions online and via mobile devices.
- Government agencies as required by laws and regulations
- Third parties in connection with a merger, sale, or asset transfer.
- Other third parties for whom we have obtained your permission to disclose your Personal Information.
In general, third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Some providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Section 8 – Tracking and Analytics
We may use a number of third-party analytics or service providers to help us evaluate the use of our website or webstores; compile statistical reports on activity; and improve our content and website performance. We currently do not track your online browsing activity on other online services over time, and we do not respond to your browser’s Do Not Track signal.
Section 9 – Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
_session_id, unique token, sessional: Allows us to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held: Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held: Expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token: Persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token: Used indefinitely. If a particular shop is password protected, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Section 10 – Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org